We were invited by Ministry of Transportation to try the new public transport bus and I must say I was amazed of the new technology, routes & system.. And I was shocked of the previous buses and their systems..
Previously there was only 35 buses, by August the new buses will be 141 (3 different sizes) there was only 12 routes!! By August there will be 32 routes (includes Bahrain Airport & University of Bahrain) allowing 77% of network coverage in Bahrain, were the previous system covered only 35%… Not to forget about the:
– free wifi in every bus
– air conditioned
– digital destination displays
– Low floor easy access
– fully compliant with international accessibility and disability standards
– Priority seating area for women, families, elderly
– Ramp Access for wheelchair users
– Dual door operation fir efficient / safe passenger flow
– CCTV system on each bus
– and later this year a mobile app & smart ticketing… Ticket price 500 fils for unlimited day pass.
Later this year, a mobile app will be launched and smart ticketing
Special thanks Ministry of Transportation & Telecommunication for the exclusive event and tour, Thanks to HE Engineer Mariam Ahmed Jumaan, Under-secretary land transportation and post, Thanks to Maysoon Sabkar and Thanks to Mark Kipling
For more information and latest news about the new buses, here are their contacts: